Support Our Work
Together, we can end injustice for people in detention.
Detention Action works at every level to end the injustice of indefinite detention and support people targeted by hostile immigration policy.
- Our Casework Service provides emotional support and practical advice to people trapped in detention, helping hundreds of people each year to stand up for their rights and regain their freedom.
- Our Community Support Project works with people at risk of detention, showing that we achieve better outcomes for everyone when people’s immigration cases are managed in the community, not behind bars.
- Our Lived Experience Networks – Allies for Justice and Families for Justice – guide our work and ensure that those with direct experience of the hostile migration system are also those leading the way to end it.
- Our Campaigns Team deliver our public campaigns against unjust detention and deportation, mobilising our many thousands of supporters and amplifying key issues online, in the media and in parliament.
With the help of our supporters we’ve brought about real change, including:
- Halting the Rwanda removals plan through our landmark legal challenge
- Supporting hundreds of people trapped in immigration detention centres
- Forcing this Government to improve its policies on child detention
- Stopping hundreds of unjust deportations
- Protecting people in detention during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Ending the dangerous and dysfunctional Detained Fast-Track system
Every day we are facing new challenges: increasingly hostile immigration policies, the expanding use of detention, the threat of child detention and an assault on the rights of people seeking asylum.
With your help, we can create a fairer, more just system that respect’s people’s rights.
Thank you for your support!