Detention Action helps people in Harmondsworth and Colnbrook detention centres in London. We are independent from Immigration and the detention centres. Call us for free from a pay phone on 0800 587 2096 or from your mobile on 020 7226 3114 – we will call you back.
How we can help you:
– In some circumstances, Detention Action may be able to apply for an address to use for bail from The Home Office. Detention Action can give advice on if you are eligible to apply for an address to use for bail. We cannot advise you on how to apply for bail or be a surety.
Solicitor and other organisations
– We can listen, if you want to talk to someone about your problems on the telephone.
– We can come to see you. We come to Harmondsworth and Colnbrook about once a month so we can meet you in a group.
– If you are very lonely because you don’t have friends or family in London, or they can’t come to visit you, we can ask a visitor to come and see you every week to talk to you about your problems and try to help you.
– We want everyone in the UK to know what your problems are. We want to change the government policies. Call us and tell us your story and we can put it on this website, on facebook, twitter and in the media.
“I could not believe that you could be so helpful ! Rich is doing wonders…Thank everyone in your organisation for me. I hope that one day I will get my freedom and be part of you.”
Jonathan, Colnbrook Detention Centre
“All my life I have been seeking to climb out of the pit of my besetting agony and woes, but I can not do it and never will unless a hand is let down to draw me up.”
David, Harmondsworth Detention Centre